Sunday, July 5, 2009

An Exciting Day (or More Evidence that I Have No Life!)

I am so excited! I just won an e-bay auction for a 54 piece set of MAC eye shadow pigments! Yay for me!!! (Sorry to whoever I tromped on... there were a TON of bids... you understand, I hope).

In other news, I finally bought a scale today. That was a little depressing... not buying the scale (that was fun)... stepping on the scale was a little shocking. I knew I was overweight, but YIKES!!! On the up side, I took photos of myself back in January when I decided that this was finally the year I would get back to being skinny Kate. Of course, then I promptly did nothing about it until last month. But the up side... I took a few shots today in the same poses from January, and when I view them side-by-side; I can see PROGRESS!!! It's not much, but my belly is definitely smaller than it was, and my face is slimmer too. Yay!!!! And the best part is that, despite the "sticker shock" of actually seeing a number associated with my fatness, I am feeling really motivated about hitting my goal weight. I think I'll plan a Halloween party to celebrate (that's when I'm supposed to achieve my goal weight).

I also figured out today that I am only one payment (this month's!!) away from having one of my many debts eliminated. This is a really awesome feeling, and I can't wait until I'm finally nailing the coffin shut on the last of my debts. Of course, my little shopping spree today didn't help, but hey... it was MAC!

That's all for now. Carry on.
Kate

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried MAC but I hear great things about it all the time. And paying down debts does feel so nice. Thats one of my big goals right now too!

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scales are the enemy.

    MAC is the enemy, too, because it's so good and so pricey. I could drop a TON of money at any given MAC store. It's crack.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. Amusing and entertaining comments are appreciated. Informative and educational comments are encouraged.

Kind and respectful comments are expected.

Kate