Monday, April 27, 2009

Thinking Ahead

It is official (as official as something that is practically a year away can be), I will be relocating to the Atlanta, Georgia area early next year. I have been doing a lot of research… okay, a little research on the area, and I must say I’m fairly excited by the prospect. From a cultural perspective, I believe Atlanta has a lot more to offer someone of my “distinction” than I have been able to discover in Texas. The mere Internet presence of Atlanta based resources alone is enough to validate that.

So, one of the things I’m trying really hard not to do right now is to make too many long range plans. One of the problems I have faced over the years is that I tend to spook easily, and this usually happens when I start considering all the “what if’s” stemming from a decision. While I certainly cannot be accused of over planning anything, it is no secret that I exhaustively over think everything. When I over think, I freak. I don’t want to freak, because then I do stupid things like quitting electrolysis, and running from beneficial relationships. To the best of my ability, I am trying not to fall into this trap again.

That said I have a few goals I’d like to work toward – a set of milestones that I’d like to accomplish prior to making the move to Georgia. Some are modest goals, others a little more aggressive; but I believe they are all achievable. And regardless of my ultimate outcome (which I am NOT thinking about!), they will all have a positive impact on my life (or at least will not have a negative impact). Here goes:

  • Come out to my family
  • Establish a healthier lifestyle with good eating and exercise habits
  • Save money so I can afford a down payment on a house
  • Quit drinking (excessively)
  • Lose at least 50 pounds
  • Start electrolysis again
  • Get my ears pierced (FINALLY!)
  • Start practicing music again
  • Learn to dance

I think that about covers it. The electrolysis part may be a little too aggressive; it is expensive after all, so it may have to wait until AFTER I have saved enough for a down payment on a house. Otherwise, I believe all of these things are reasonably achievable in the amount of time I have (about 11 months from now). In fact, some of my goals facilitate the achievement of others, which will certainly help.

What do you think? Do you think my goals are achievable? Do you have any suggestions that you’d like to make? I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts.

Peace!

Katie

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new locale. I hope the new change and your goals become all that you hope them to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll love Atlanta. It is one of my favorite places and I find it to be a very accepting place.

    As for your goals, most seem reasonable, but you may not achieve most of them before moving. If not, don't let that demotiate you! Keep going.

    xoxo

    Zelda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have to go back to "Latitudes" and say hi to Strawberry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... I thought the place was called Illusions and her name was Peaches.

    Funny how following a place like that with a filthy Waffle House can really wipe your memory!

    I don't think I could go back without you... wouldn't be the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to go back, and I'd wager that Clyde is no longer living, but that's just a hunch.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. Amusing and entertaining comments are appreciated. Informative and educational comments are encouraged.

Kind and respectful comments are expected.

Kate