Monday, October 19, 2009

Checking In, Again.

Greetings all!
I know that I have been somewhat less than present in recent months. I must apologize. This is not for any lack of things to write about, honestly. The truth is that I am trying to make some larger scale preparations for a final transition. It is no secret to the group here that I have dreamed of correcting my sex for almost as many years as I have been alive. Over the last couple years, I've had to deal with a somewhat new set of issues.

In ancient times, transition was hindered not only by fear, but also by finance. Having these things corrected is outrageously expensive! The electrolysis alone is enough to put a person in the poor house. In recent years, the financial concern is far less significant; however, the career that makes transition less financially daunting is itself threatened by the act of transitioning. Frustrating.

With a great deal of cypherin’ and gazinto’s I realized that there was really only one viable preventative measure. I had to take steps to insure that I would have some avenue to continue to support myself even after transition. With that in mind, I enrolled in college (again) a couple months ago, and I've been very focused on that effort ever since. This new effort is exciting but exhausting.

I have been devoting a lot of hours to study, and frankly with all the writing I’m doing to support my coursework, I've had little interest in writing for my blogs. It’s nothing personal. It’s just the best way I can see right now to facilitate a transition without sacrificing my entire livelihood. And… I won’t deny that I am a little excited by the concept of finally doing something more fulfilling. Yay me!

That said, I hope y’all understand that I am not turning my back on the community or anything like that. I don’t want to disappear entirely, so I will try to continue to check in as much as possible. In the mean time, wish me well!
Hugs,
K

P.S. I do have an actual post brewing around something that happened in class last week, but it will take me a few days to get it together. Suffice to say that I am steaming about it at the moment. I hope that posting here will help to alleviate my aggravation… though I’m sure it will probably annoy a few of you as well, so for that I apologize in advance! Take care!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you've got a plan! That's a big step. Looking forward to controversy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you resign before the change, or will you hang around to see how everyone takes it? That could be interesting. It would be illegal to let you go, so it would just be interesting to see how people react to it. What say you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great question, Trench. I don't know. I've really struggled with that one. I think I'll probably make my exit first, honestly. I don't think I have the courage to stand in place and make this change.

    I will probably follow the more discreet path of simply disappearing for a little while (through FFS at least) and emerging in a new city as a woman.

    It's been so hard for me just to get this far; I think that may be the only way I will actually find the strength.

    Nice to hear from you, Trench. Take care!
    K

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. Amusing and entertaining comments are appreciated. Informative and educational comments are encouraged.

Kind and respectful comments are expected.

Kate