Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I Am Sorry, The Duchess Has Lost Her Muse

Greetings friends,

I have absolutely nothing to share with you tonight, in part because since starting my new job, virtually nothing has happened... other than getting up in the morning, driving to an office, sitting at a desk in a graveyard of cubicles for the entirety of "normal business hours," then driving back home to try to squeeze some small element of life out of the few remaining hours in my day.  To think, if I had a normal commute, I would never see daylight.  Thankfully, my drive consumes all of about five minutes.  None of that is good.  But the bigger problem is that I feel absolutely no creative energy in me right now.

I think my artistic lethargy is primarily a symptom of the mental drain of learning this new job.  I hope that is the case.  With time, I hope that I can return to a slightly more regular (and more interesting) writing habit.  For now, know that I am surviving.  Transition is still happening, albeit much more slowly.  I will be alright.  The train has not derailed; there are just a few cows on the tracks... and possibly a bullfrog.  I thought I heard croaking.

Good night loves.  Write to me... or about me... or for me.

Peace,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Amusing and entertaining comments are appreciated. Informative and educational comments are encouraged.

Kind and respectful comments are expected.

Kate