Friday, March 25, 2011

Hello Friends!

I truly appreciate those of you who have hung in there through all my ranting and groaning over the past few months.  I am truly blessed to have you in my life (even if only electronically).  I have been in a much better place these last few days, and I hope that I have reached a small turning point.


You all know that I have been bemoaning my existence lately... how can you forget?! (Sorry! [sheepish grin])  A lot of that was coming from frustrations I've been feeling about changes in my living situation over the last year.  In short, I have struggled greatly to adjust back to a lifestyle that included sharing a home with other people, and I have especially struggled to cope with having a teenage boy around (I still don't care much for it, but that is another story).  The good news is that my partner and I finally reached a level of understanding over the last few days that has helped me to work through some of the frustration.


I still have a long way to go.  Oddly, one of my frustrations was with the fact that I just piled on a whole new set of issues to work through in the course of working through the ones I'm already trying to resolve!  I'll admit it... I tend to over think things.  I do have a long way to go, but I have begun to feel like progress is possible again.  That is a huge leap for me, as everything had felt so hopeless over the last few months.


I am still searching for a good counselor who specializes in gender issues, and who doesn't office a universe away from me.  I'd love input from anyone who can recommend someone in the Fort Worth / Denton, TX (most I find are in Dallas) area who might fit that description.  Please send me a note or post a comment here if you have any recommendations!  My email is now accessible via my profile page.


Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend!
Hugs,
Kate



P.S.  Big news!  My partner and I have booked a cruise in the very near future.  It was very last minute, but very much needed.  (And I just purchased two super cute new bikinis for the occasion... awaiting the UPS man now!)  I'll post pics when we return.

1 comment:

All comments are welcome. Amusing and entertaining comments are appreciated. Informative and educational comments are encouraged.

Kind and respectful comments are expected.

Kate