Monday, April 18, 2011

Just Got Back From a Long Vacation

Hello Friends!


My partner and I just returned from a glorious five day Caribbean cruise.  Here we are at the site of a Mayan village on the Yucatan Peninsula:






It was easily the most wonderful vacation I have ever experienced.  Not only did we have an amazing time with lots of outrageous fun and adventures, we met some really neat people who will hopefully become good friends; and that's not even the best part.  The best part is that I didn't once feel like I was pretending to be a boy.  Don't misunderstand, I didn't actually take the full plunge and go entirely female; I did however drop the masks I usually wear.  Gone were the "macho-isms" of normal daily life, gone was the clothing that masks my budding figure, and gone were the inhibitions and fears that I live with almost every day.  I was just me, and it felt great!


I did take one little adventure while on the ship. :)  We spent a morning sunbathing on the upper deck of the ship.  No boundaries... I wore my bikini and some eye makeup.  It was amazing!  (I was even called "Ma'am" once, though I'm sure he was just being polite.  Passing was not my objective, so it didn't matter.)  We didn't get any photos on deck, but here are a couple from the day before when we were just lounging around on our balcony.








I really feel like I made some great strides over the last week.  I have never felt so free.


Thoughts?


Hugs,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. Accepting yourself as you are. Feeling no embarrassment or self-consciousness about your presentation. Those are big, Kate. I wish every vacation could be that fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leslie Ann,
    I cannot even begin to tell you how truly life-changing this vacation was for me. It has literally affected everything. I don't know if it's a temporary change (just still wearing off from the vacation), but my whole outlook, demeanor, and approach to the people around me has changed.

    I don't feel like hiding any more, and while I am being cautious (especially at work), I really am not. It's so freeing!

    Thanks again for the comment. I truly appreciate your notes.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. Amusing and entertaining comments are appreciated. Informative and educational comments are encouraged.

Kind and respectful comments are expected.

Kate