Sunday, June 12, 2011

Just a Quick Hello

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still out here and still doing well.  I know I've been somewhat dormant over the last week or so, but that will pass soon.  I've unfortunately been a little overwhelmed by the events of the past two weeks, and until about yesterday, I was really struggling to remain positive.

I am okay though.  I've experienced a few unfortunate events, but nothing has happened that leads me to question my path, and nothing has happened that makes me truly unhappy. More than anything, I think I was just overwhelmed by the quantity and frequency of the negativity that was pouring down around me.

I enjoyed my second counseling session near the end of this week, which couldn't have come any sooner!  It was wonderful to talk through the events since our last session, and it was even more wonderful to have the reinforcement that she gave me.  Don't get me wrong, I get plenty of support and advice from the people around me, but I guess there's just something nice about having all those things validated.  If I learned nothing else, she made it very clear to me that feeling down was okay... as long as I didn't stay down.

In truth, I left her office on top of the world... and I've been floating ever since.  My problems have not been solved, and I still face all the same hardships that I was carrying with me when I walked into her office.  But I understand them better.  And even more than that, Andrea said something that absolutely blew me away as we were closing out our session.

As we exchanged our parting pleasantries, she gave me a big hug... we hug... it's a good thing.  She told me as we chatted that she had been trying to picture me as a boy, and she just couldn't see it.  That is among the most amazing compliments I have ever received!  Talk about a confidence booster.

I hope everyone has had a good week and is enjoying her weekend.  I am certainly doing just that!

Until next time, take care.
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Amusing and entertaining comments are appreciated. Informative and educational comments are encouraged.

Kind and respectful comments are expected.

Kate